UC Davis Health Children’s Hospital
Pediatric Cardiology Nurse Practitioner
Salary Range: $68.67 – $90.62 Hourly
A Pediatric Congenital heart disease (CHD) catheterization/fetal cardiac catheterization Nurse Practitioner (PNP) provides comprehensive management of patients with congenital heart disease (CHD) or families expecting to deliver an infant with a fetal diagnosis of CHD, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention, as well as the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases associated with CHD, especially those who require a diagnostic/interventional cardiac catheterization, fetal cardiac intervention or a hybrid intervention. Functions under established standardized protocols and works autonomously as well as in collaboration with other health care professionals to diagnose and manage patients’ health care needs before, during and after cardiac catheterization. Responsibilities include ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests; prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and nonpharmacologic therapies in a cost efficient manner, writing inpatient and outpatient NP notes and assist interventionist in the cath lab.
Acts as a health care resource, interdisciplinary consultant, patient advocate and mentor for the development of other health care colleagues.
Demonstrates commitment to a patient and family focused model of care and assists in the analysis of the health care delivery system to provide optimal patient care. PNPs may participate in the design and implementation of research and/or quality improvement studies within the CHD division.
• At least one year recent experience working as a Pediatric NP
• Previous critical care experience as RN or NP
• Possession of valid California RN and Nurse Practitioner license
• Furnishing license and DEA within 3 months of hire
• Master’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
• Graduation from a Pediatric NP Program
• National NP Certification
• Current PALS and BLS Certification
• CITI certification within 3 months of hire if conducting clinical research involving human subjects
• At least 3 years of experience working as a Pediatric NP
• One year experience as a nurse practitioner in a pediatric CHD/interventional service highly desirable
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to cope with personal stress experienced by team members, other
• Able to lift 25 pounds, see well enough to read gauges and identify injuries.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
UC Davis Career Opportunities
Requisition number #053489
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer