Pediatric Cardiology Catherization Nurse Practitioner
Children’s Minnesota Pediatric Cardiovascular Program provides comprehensive, center based care to children with congenital and acquired heart disease. The Cardiovascular Program is multi-disciplinary with close cooperation between pediatric cardiologists, surgeons, critical care physicians, anesthesiologists, and nurses. We have created a team committed to outstanding patient outcomes for children with complex heart disease in a patient-centered environment.
A Pediatric Congenital heart disease (CHD) catheterization Nurse Practitioner (PNP) provides comprehensive management of patients with congenital heart disease (CHD), emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention, as well as the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases associated with CHD, especially those who require a diagnostic/interventional cardiac catheterization or a hybrid intervention.
Functions under established standardized protocols and works autonomously as well as in collaboration with other health care professionals to diagnose and manage patients’ health care needs before, during and after cardiac catheterization. Responsibilities include ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests; prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and non-pharmacologic therapies in a cost efficient manner, writing inpatient and outpatient NP notes and assist interventionist in the cath lab.
Acts as a health care resource, interdisciplinary consultant, patient advocate and mentor for the development of other health care colleagues. Demonstrates commitment to a patient and family focused model of care and assists in the analysis of the health care delivery system to provide optimal patient care. PNPs may participate in the design and implementation of research and/or quality improvement studies within the CHD division.
- At least one year recent experience working as a Pediatric NP
- Previous critical care experience as RN or NP
- Possession of valid Minnesota RN and Nurse Practitioner license
- Furnishing license and DEA within 3 months of hire
- Master’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Graduation from a Pediatric NP Program
- National NP Certification
- Current PALS and BLS Certification
- At least three years of experience working as a Pediatric NP
- One year experience as a NP in a pediatric CHD/interventional service highly desirable
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, retirement savings and investment plans, and continuing education.