Registered Nurse (RN) IV – Peds Cardiovascular Operating Room – SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE !!!
The Registered Nurse – RN IV provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Click here to apply.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Functions as an expert in leading and demonstrating initiatives and innovations with collaborative teamwork and leadership as a member of an inter-professional team to coordinate patient centered care for quality patient and unit/site/network outcomes of care processes.
- Functions as an expert to lead and demonstrate initiatives and innovations in the Patient Centered Care Nursing Process including the patient /family, Evidence-Based Practices (EBP), Safety and Process Improvement for patient and unit/site/network outcomes of care.
- Functions as an expert in leading and demonstrating initiatives and innovations in information resources technology and processes for quality patient outcomes and unit/site/network outcomes of care and processes.
- Exemplifies professionalism:
- demonstrates and leads expert level professionalism in lifelong learning
- contributes to the science of nursing; participates in governance
- shares knowledge to expand the scale and scope of best practices with others
- builds the ethical, moral and regulatory base for best practices and processes of patient and unit care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be “on-call.”
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Basic BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Graduation from an accredited RN Diploma program is (at minimum) required.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) is acceptable to meet the minimum education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is preferred.
- NOTE: By January 1, 2017, all associates hiring or promoting into this job title must have completed a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher nursing degree.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
Click here to apply.
At Seton, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As part of Ascension’s Texas Ministry Market we do this through collaboration. Seton brings great minds and proven results from the across the nation together. From the best hires and strategic plans for growth, to the proactive connections we make within our community, we reach out to move ahead. Now, partnering with the University of Texas to build the new Dell Seton Medical Center, our future looks brighter than ever.
We do this in force. With more than 12,800 associates, Seton is the leading healthcare service provider in Central Texas as well as its second largest employer. We serve an eleven county area of more than 1.8 million people. We have five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, three primary care clinics for the uninsured, and an increasing number of storefront care locations.
We do this with vision. Since our founding in 1902, Seton has led the way in Austin — expanding thoughtfully and with purpose; caring for our neighbors, because we know them so well. As a non-profit with a mission — rather than a bottom line — guiding us, improving health at a community level is our number one priority.
It’s our home, and our heart.