Service Line Educators –
Pediatric ICU & Neuro/Med. Specialty
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be a part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS vision, support our mission, and live our values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
These positions are accountable for the provision of quality outcome-based educational programs and practice support, which promotes initial and ongoing competency and continuous development of nursing staff. Accountable 24/7 for staff education needs.
- Develops, organizes, implements and evaluates Unit-Based and Service Line education and programs to ensure competencies of nursing personnel.
- Integrates data and outcome from quality/safety initiatives into education and practice support.
- Participates in nursing research activities.
- Participates in the departmental short term planning related to education and practice support.
- Represents nursing education on various committees and practice support.
- Selects appropriate instructional strategies for programs.
- Prioritizes educational programs for development and implementation.
- Implements educational programs in accordance with requirements of the unit and service line.
- Conducts educational activities according to established education standards.
- Collaborates with other educators in developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating department specific programs/projects.
- Designs, implements and evaluates patient simulations as an essential part of the learning experience.
- Supports clinical needs/staffing needs at a unit level.
Bachelor’s degree – BSN required; Master’s degree preferred
- Service Line Educator – Pediatric ICU: 5 years of ICU experience (pediatrics preferred) required. Preferred background/experience in Cardiac ICU/Cardiac care (pediatrics preferred). Current CT Registered Nurse License, with certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred. Prior teaching experience is preferred.
- Service Line Educator-Neuro/Med. Specialty/Short Stay & Bridgeport Campus: of 5 years of acute care RN experience in relevant pediatric practice environments. Prior teaching experience is preferred. Current CT Registered Nurse License.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://jobs.ynhhs.org/jobs and reference the following job ID numbers:
Service Line Educator –Pediatric Inpatient, Job ID 6789
Service Line Educator – Critical Care, Job ID 4935