Nemours is seeking a Registered Nurse – Cardiac Telemetry/Stepdown and PACU to join our team in Wilmington, DE. This position is 72 hours every two weeks, nights shift, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with possible rotation to day shift as needed with weekend and holiday rotation.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 280,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
As the birthplace of the Nemours health care system, the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware, honors our legacy of delivering exceptional care to the children of the Delaware Valley and beyond. Ranked among the nation’s best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report and honored with the ANCC’s Magnet® Designation for excellence in nursing practice, we offer intensive and acute inpatient and outpatient services covering more than 30 pediatric specialties. We recently completed a multi-phase hospital expansion that includes new inpatient rooms, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department. Additionally, Nemours duPont Pediatrics allows us to reach more children across the region through community-based physician services and collaborative partnerships with health and hospital systems.
The Nemours Cardiac Center (NCC) provides comprehensive care for infants, children and adolescents with cardiac, thoracic and vascular disease. The Cardiac Center provides patient care, performs research and educates and trains health care professionals in various settings, including the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and the Cardiac Step-Down Unit.
- Assesses and documents initial and ongoing patient needs and problems.
- Formulates nursing plan based on patient needs and problems, and indicates plan on the patient care plan.
- Develops realistic and appropriate long- and short-term goals based upon patient/family needs.
- Implements patient plan of care.
- Evaluates the patient’s and family’s response to care, and modifies care plan accordingly.
- Assists patient and family in discharge planning so that problems and care needs are anticipated and met.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and family in working with other members of the health care team.
- Provides safe and appropriate nursing care through adherence to Nursing Department standards.
A registered nurse responsible and accountable for assessing, planning and providing care to assigned patients.
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Experience in pediatric/cardiac and/or critical care nursing preferred.
Licenses, Registrations or Certification
- Current or eligibility for registration with Delaware State Board of Nursing.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://careers.nemours.org/jobs/111144/
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/c3fz9z9j9k