A new position has been posted on the Opportunity Page for a Cardiology RN in Central Washington to triage and coordinate care. For more information click the link on the bottom of the page.
Wonderful opportunity for a nurse who is eager to serve the growing population of Central Washington by providing great quality care to patients of Seattle Children’s. Minimal travel may be needed, contact us for details.
Our Cardiology RN will coordinate, triage and direct care of families seeking cardiology services in our regional clinics, Tri-Cities and some occasional travel to Wenatchee. This is a very collaborative yet independent role. Will provide patient & family education around care, medications and will assist with prescription refills.
As an integral member of the Health Care Team, the RN functions within the Scope of Practice as defined by the State, the ANA Scope and Standards for Pediatric Nursing Practice, and adheres to Seattle Children’s policies/procedures and guidelines of care. Responsible for providing safe, family centered patient care. Using the Nursing Care Process, the RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in a collaborative method with the patient and patient’s family, significant others, and members of the health care team. May be required to provide supervision and delegation of tasks to Nurse Technicians, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants, and others as defined by the State Administrative Code. Assists in meeting Seattle Children’s strategic goals by incorporating the initiatives to support the strategic plans into the daily work, i.e. Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), ART, etc.
– Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
– Current Washington State RN License.
– At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers. – As a condition of employment: Current BLS for Health Care Providers is to be maintained at all times by all nurses unless specifically noted below. Note: current PALS and/or PEARS will be accepted in lieu of BLS, and must be maintained as current at all times. Employees are responsible for any costs (including time away from work) associated with obtaining PALS or PEARS certification if it is not a requirement of the position. (ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute to the requirements listed above.)
– Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
– Pediatric and/or Pediatric Cardiology experience.
Apply Here: https://www3.apply2jobs.com/seattlechildrens/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=10287&CurrentPage=1