CVICU RNs needed at CHOC Children’s Hospital! Check out this opportunity!
Because our mission is your mission: to nurture, advance and protect the health and well being of children.
CHOC Children’s Hospital is committed to making Orange County, CA one of the healthiest places for children in the nation. As a Magnet designated hospital with a state-of-the-art patient care tower, CHOC Children’s is destined to be one of the most advanced children’s hospitals in the world.
And, that’s where you come in. We remember why you trained as a nurse in the first place: to help and to heal. This is a positive and rare opportunity to grow your career, expand your personal and professional life – as you help shape the future of pediatric medicine. Explore our nursing opportunities and join us at CHOC Children’s.
Clinical Nurse II, CVICU
Reporting to the Nursing Manager, this position is responsible for the planning and delivery of family-centered patient care utilizing the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborate with patient/family and other professional disciplines. Create a partnership to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery for the achievement of mutually desired patient outcomes. Support the organization’s vision and mission. Promote and provide excellence in nursing care.
• Registered Nurse-California
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support
• Basic Life Support
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• 1 year acute care nursing experience with 6 months in a pediatric setting
• Associate degree in Nursing from an approved school
• Knowledge of and ability to provide appropriate family-centered patient care based upon age appropriateness and cultural and spiritual needs
• Excellent customer satisfaction skills
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner
• Ability to work collaboratively and in a positive manner with others
• Ability to prepare timely and accurate documentation and reports
• Ability to perform work according to CHOC policies and procedures, professional standards of care, and applicable laws
• Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to unexpected changes in work load/staffing
• Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with the highest standards; care with sensitivity and respect; advance care through development of new ideas and technology; promote teamwork to achieve CHOC’s mission; and understand and exceed customer expectations.
• 1 year acute care nursing in a pediatric inpatient hospital
• Critical Care Registered Nurse
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing from an accredited school
We offer highly competitive salaries and benefits, but the personal growth and fulfillment you’ll find here are perhaps the most valuable payouts of all. Benefits include excellent medical, dental and vision plans, up to $10,000 tuition reimbursement and a 403 (b) Retirement Plan.
To learn more and apply, visit our website at: www.choc.org/careers and search for requisition number 05001. Questions? Please contact Laura Burnette, Recruiter, at email@example.com or 714-509-3131.