Opportunity: Advanced Practice Provider: Single Ventricle Center of Excellence/Ambulatory Cardiology
Job Locations US-IL-Chicago
Posted Date 2 weeks ago(9/27/2021 9:52 AM)
Category-Advanced Practice Providers
Position Type-Regular Full-Time
Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital is a high-volume cardiology and cardiovascular thoracic surgical center providing care to children and adults with heart disease across the lifespan. The Single Ventricle Advanced Practice Provider (APP) works collaboratively within a highly specialized multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care to fetal, neonatal and pediatric patients born with single ventricle disease throughout all stages of palliation. The core single ventricle team includes attending level physicians, advanced practice providers, nurse coordinator, dietician, social worker, and administrative assistant. The single ventricle advanced practice provider:
- Practices in both an independent and shared-service model
- Provides care management in outpatient and telehealth settings.
- Provides consultation in the inpatient setting.
- Responsible for case management, coordination of care across subspecialties, hands-on interface with patients and families for care and education.
- Participates in current research studies, quality improvement initiatives, and advocacy work on a local and national level.
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Certification required.
- Day/Evening. Overnight and weekend call may be required in the future
- Prior pediatric cardiology and/or complex chronic care experience strongly preferred
- The ideal candidate should possess strong self-management, communication and teamwork skills, interest in a fast-paced and evolving role, and a desire for professional growth and leadership opportunities.
Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school of nursing appropriate for certification as a Nurse Practitioner. (CNS certification is not acceptable if hired after January 1, 2010) 2. Two (2) years of nursing experience preferred. 3. Licensure in the State of Illinois as an APN is required. 4. Experience as delineated in clinical privileges through credentialing by the Medical Staff Office. 5. BLS and ACLS certification required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required in some specialty areas. 6. Any other certification required for specialty area. 7. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, basic computer skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.